Second Life Week 2

On my second week in second life we had to go out and chat to random people around the plethora of server and locations.

I began in a bar sort of place in Dublin. There was music downstairs so i decided to head up to the smoking area the music was a lot quieter  and upstairs speaking was allowed so i open up my mic and approached two individuals, at first it was nearly as unnerving as in real life but if yore online to chat to people then everyone is more than welcome to talk. He was Swiss and the other man was English with  a very strong accent.

I asked them how long they've been using second life and their answers varied but it definitely longer than me. They asked if i smoked and he sent me a cigarette to my character which i could then use as an accessory.

After about 20 minutes of chatting i moved onto a techno, dance club. The DJ welcomed me by username into the dance floor and the seating areas at the side had voice enabled so i began once again talking to strangers who were all so nice and we had so much in common in music taste and they had sent me links to some DJ sets on YouTube that they recommended.

Looking back it turned out a lot better than i thought it was gonna go and i can see the appeal for others.

29th Feb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog